Plaintiff,   ; )
vs. ) Case No. 398CM1214
Robin C. McDermott,   ; )
OBJECTION TO STATE'S MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE
COMES NOW Robin C. McDermott,
defendant, and objects to the State's Application for Continuance of the
above-styled case as this would further indulge the State's abuse of its
prosecutorial power and deprive the defendant of her right to a fair and
speedy trial of the facts of this case.
1. Defendant has maintained her innocence of this charge from the onset of this prosecution and continues to do so.
2. Defendant has been substantially harmed by the persistence of the State to prosecute her for this charge.
3. Defendant has moved this honorable Court to join this charge with other charges that have arisen out of the same incident so that a truly full and fair hearing of the facts of the case may be heard in their entirety and provide defendant with the opportunity to present defense witnesses in an effort to obtain substantial justice in this matter.
4. Defendant was present in this honorable Court on 11 May 1998 at docket call and witnessed the State, by and through one of its apparently numerous assistant prosecuting attorneys, inform this Court that it would be ready to proceed to trial the first week of June 1998 and defendant subsequently received docket sheet from this Court that this had indeed been docketed.
5. Defendant has received no information prior to notification by Mr. Robert G. Asperger II, of his motion for continuance that a change of prosecutor had been made in this case. Nor does it follow that Mr. Asperger could have been unaware of the dates of his scheduled national training school at the time of his assignment of this case
Self Help Law Library
Case Law $7/Month 50 States + Fed
I use this service.
We push the limits on discount hosting!