Plaintiff, & nbsp; )
vs. ) Case No. 398MU0065
Robin C. McDermott,   ; )
Defendant &n bsp; )
OBJECTION TO VERACITY OF THE COURT RECORD
COMES NOW Robin C. McDermott,
defendant, and objects to the veracity of the record of this pending matter
and offers the following:
1. Defendant's Motion to Compel file in the Municipal Court on February 13, 1998 failed to be incorporated into the official Associate Circuit Court record when received on April 27, 1998. Defendant's Motion to Compel refiled by Defendant on April 29, 1998 as original filing is still missing from the case file.
2. Defendant's file stamped, July 6, 1998, Application for Writ of Habeas Corpus Ad Testificandum, and Motion to Compel, and notice of hearing on July 10, 1998 thereof, disagrees with docket sheet entry for the same date. Notice of hearing of Motion to Compel is absent from the court's docket sheet.
3. Hearing docketed for July 10, 1998 at 8 a.m. was held, however, NO RECORD is made in the court docket for the appearance of parties or any orders or recommendations of the court noted, in violation of RSMo 483.082 (1).
4. States Motion to Quash, defendant's Subpena Duces Tecum on Springfield Police Chief Lynn Rowe which defense believes is material and would tend to acquit defendant of the charge once presented before the Court. Missouri S.Ct. Rule 26.02 ) provides guidelines for Motion to Quash Subpena Duces Tecum that remains adherent to the spirit of authority of the subpena; for the Court is empowered by this rule to have all such documents produced and open for the judge to determine admissibility. Defense does not hold that it is the State's burden to determine the admissibility of exculpatory evidence.
5. Missouri S.Ct. Rule 26.02 (a) commands each person to whom it is directed to attend and give testimony at the time and place specified therein. There is no justification for Springfield Police Chief Lynn Rowe's failure to obey a properly issued, delivered, signed, dated, July 6, 1998, and court sealed, Subpena Duces Tecum for Springfield Police Chief Lynn Rowe to appear with specified items for hearing on July 10, 1998 at 8:00 a.m. in this rule or in the subsequent subparagraph C, and having failed to appear and produce withholds from the Court its authority to inspect and rule.
THEREFORE Defendant prays that the Court take it upon itself to correct its own record; that sanctions be imposed upon the City of Springfield for failure to provide timely discovery and that sanctions be imposed upon Springfield Police Chief Rowe, for failure to obey Subpena Duces Tecum or, in the alternative, Trial Court TAKE NOTICE of the prejudice of not allowing defense due process of law.
Robin C. McDermott
1601 North Waverly Avenue
Springfield, MO 65803
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
Self Help Law Library
Case Law $7/Month 50 States + Fed
I use this service.
We push the limits on discount hosting!